Great West Engineering is well known for its efforts to support clients in securing funding for infrastructure projects. Did you know Great West also provides grant administration services? Great West’s robust knowledge of grant administration will make your team’s life easier by managing the significant amount of paperwork and regulations associated with administering grant funds. Great West has Certified Grant Writers that have been trained in not only grant writing but also grant administration.
Grant administration is important for communities. Without proper grant administration, communities may hurt their chances of securing grants for future projects. Funding agencies require communities to manage grant funds and projects in compliance with state and federal government guidelines. If the projects are mismanaged in any way, the community may not be considered for future grants with that funding agency.
“Great West is very knowledgeable in grant administration and works well with all the funding agencies. Great West has been a life-saver with all our City’s infrastructure projects and different funding sources associated with the projects.”
Proactive grant administration enables communities to capitalize on future opportunities. Great West has been working with the City of Roundup for nine years and completed six phases of the City’s water systems improvement project. In Phase 6, because of Great West’s grant administration experience, Roundup was able to take advantage of ARPA funds in a timely manner allowing the Phase 6 project to be funded without a loan. Phase 6 was completed in the Fall of 2022. Great West helped complete the project with eight draw requests from seven funding sources. Great West’s services also included startup for each funding source, labor compliance, progress reporting, establishing and maintaining files, on-site monitoring with funding agencies, compliance with CDBG civil rights, fair housing, and ADA.
Great West makes it easy for communities to administer grants and ensure grant compliance because our staff is trained and receives annual training in administration. Additionally, Great West ensures that our clients receive timely reimbursements on large projects with multiple funding agencies. Our clients can pay invoices on time and keep general contractors on schedule with timely payments.
Our grant administration services include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation of progress reports, quarterly reports, and project closeout reports.
- Drafting legal notices for environmental review, bidding, and more to assure compliance with federal and state requirements.
- Completing all grant start-up requirements so communities receive timely grant contracts and can move the project forward.
- Establishing and maintaining project files.
- Preparing all documentation and reports required for draw reimbursement requests.
- Ensuring all proposed project expenditures are allowable and properly allocated to the project budget.
- Serving as the community’s designated Labor Standard Officer and assuring compliance with all applicable labor standards and requirements.
- Assuring compliance with all applicable civil rights requirements, including preparation of an equal employment opportunity plan, fair housing resolution, or ADA transition plan.
- Assisting communities with determining applicable audit requirements and ensuring files are properly managed. Properly managed files ensure clean audits.
To learn more about grant administration or how Great West can help your community, contact us today.
PSMJ Resources, Inc., the world’s leading authority on the effective management of architecture, engineering, and construction firms, has announced Great West Engineering as a winner of the 2023 Circle of Excellence. The Circle of Excellence highlights successfully...
For the fifth consecutive year, Great West Engineering has been announced as one of ten nationwide winners of PSMJ's A/E/C Employer of Choice® Award! The A/E/C Employer of Choice® Award is the industry’s premier recognition of firms that have mastered workforce...
We are pleased to announce Brandon Duffey has assumed the role of Billings Transportation Business Unit Manager. Based in Great West’s Billings office, Brandon will lead the Firm’s Transportation Business Unit for the region, ensuring responsive service and quality solutions are provided to Eastern Montana clients.