City of Helena, MontanaCentennial Park
The project consisted of the design and construction of a 67 acre city park on 3 cells of a closed municipal landfill. Significant coordination and permitting effort was required with the Montana DEQ to ensure the existing landfill cover and gas control systems were not negatively impacted by the park improvements. The park includes features such as athletic fields, dog park, new roads, new parking areas, trails, free-style bicycle course, stormwater detention pond, day use buildings and water and sanitary sewer services. The project was constructed with all trails ADA compliant.
- Coordination with Montana DEQ on design considerations related to old waste areas
- Public meeting facilitation
- Extensive survey & topographic mapping
- Site processed using City of Helena control scheme
- Extensive detail maintained including all utilities, concrete, asphalt, curb & gutter, sidewalk, vegetation, and landscape elements
- Project cost $3.5M