Great West Engineering, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Transportation Engineer who is a seller-doer and looking for a new a challenge. This position will direct and grow our engineering firm’s Idaho and/or Washington transportation efforts. Top candidates will hold a P.E. license in Idaho and/or Washington and have 10+ years’ experience working with ITD and/or WSDOT and other public agencies. This position can be located in our Boise, Coeur d’Alene, ID and Spokane, WA offices. Join our team today and make an impact in the communities in which we live, work, and play.
- Build a Transportation Group by leading business development initiatives (proposal development, interviews, presentations, etc.), project delivery and growing our client base while coordinating efforts with other members of the firm’s Transportation Group and Senior Management Team.
- Develop, foster and maintain strong relationships with present and potential clients.
- Grow a team to complete workload and mentor staff from a client care, business development and technical perspective.
- Responsibilities include project management and design of roads, bridges, and culverts.
- Independently preforms moderately difficult engineering computations involving conventional engineering practices.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents
- Write technical specifications, reports, and other correspondence to a variety of audiences.
- Coordinate with government agencies, client staff, and other professionals to obtain design information and approvals.
- Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks.
- Learn and apply company standards and best practice.
- Candidate must have a proven track record of marketing, building strong relationships, and securing work with potential clients and provide exceptional project delivery to existing clients.
- Candidate should be known in industry affiliated professional organizations and groups and have a solid track record of managing internal technical teams and managing projects to profitability.
- Qualified candidates will have a BS/BA in Engineering or related degree and a minimum of 10 years of experience in transportation design. Additionally, a Professional Engineering (PE) license in Idaho or Washington, or the ability to obtain within six months.
- Overseeing and managing tasks/projects and clients expectations to scope, time and budget goals for the planning, design and construction of transportation projects as well as creating construction documents, specifications and handling construction oversight/administration.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals.
- Excellent work ethic and a comprehensive understanding of engineering principles.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Traditional & Roth 401k plans
- Paid Health Insurance for Employee (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Life insurance
- Short & long-term disability insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Family oriented environment
For more than 30 years, Great West Engineering has been creating infrastructure solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be an engineering company of choice to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service and collaboration.
Great West Engineering continually seeks out the best talent available because we believe that our employees are the key to our success as an organization. All of our employees are treated with respect and fairness. We work as a cooperative team on every project and each employee’s input is not only solicited, but valued! Great West is committed to developing the capabilities of our employees through training and professional development. Great West Engineering aims to build a long lasting legacy of quality relationships with both our clients and our employees, which is the key to developing superior engineering projects.
Great West offers competitive salaries, bonus time for billable overtime hours, and an excellent benefits package that includes insurance and a 401(k) program with company match. Please send cover letter and resume to the address below.
Great West Engineering, Inc.
P.O. Box 4817
Helena, MT 59604
fax (406) 449-8631
e-mail: [email protected]