Great West Engineering, Inc., a growing and dynamic engineering and consulting firm, currently is accepting resumes for a Structural Bridge and Building Designer/Drafter to work in our Great Falls or Helena, MT offices.
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated candidates with the ability to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment that have great design skills, a passion for the details, and good communication skills. In this role you will be working on various new bridge design/construction projects as well as bridge widening, rehabilitation, and reconstruction projects. You will develop difficult and complex layout and design drawings for Bridge projects, using your practical design experience and CAD tools expertise. Additionally you will be responsible for CAD drafting and detailing structural building design projects.
- Utilizes a CAD workstation to prepare difficult and complex layout and design drawings utilizing theoretical and practical design knowledge. Interprets and ensures conformance to applicable standards and codes, as well as company policies and procedures. Understands and utilizes more advanced software to complete assignments.
- Works closely with Engineers and other disciplines to ensure coordinated design systems.
- Meets layout requirements and develops alternate design layouts of systems as required.
- Ensures compliance with required design tolerances and specifications.
- Reviews supplier data and supplier/manufacturer drawings, as required.
- Checks orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) drawings prepared by others. Performs checking procedures as appropriate to the discipline and assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Assists in training lower-level Designers in various procedures.
- 2-year technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent) is preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in bridge and structural drafting.
- Requirements include strong PC and CAD skills, as well as efficiency in utilizing computer software to complete design assignments. Must have both Autocad and Microstation experience.
- Experience with MDT Road and Bridge Standards, Bridge Design Manual.
- 3D Modeling skills are a plus.
Great West is a growing company that values quality work for our clients and a healthy work-life balance for our employees. Great West offers competitive salaries, bonus time for billable overtime hours, and an excellent benefits package that includes insurance and a 401(k) program with company match.
Great West Engineering, Inc.
P.O. Box 4817
Helena, MT 59604
fax (406) 449-8631