Great West Engineering, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Planner I/II who is looking for a dynamic and challenging work environment. This position can be based out of our Billings, Great Falls or Helena, MT or Boise, ID offices. Join our team today and make an impact in the communities in which we live, work, and play.
See Life at Great West Engineering
For more than 35 years, Great West Engineering has been creating infrastructure solutions for public agencies and private industry. Great West Engineering continually seeks out the best talent because we believe our employees are the key to our success as an organization. Our employees are treated with respect and fairness. We work as a cooperative team on every project, and each employee’s input is not only solicited, but valued! Great West is committed to developing the capabilities of our employees through training and professional development. Great West Engineering aims to build a long-lasting legacy of quality relationships with both our clients and our employees, which is the key to developing superior engineering projects.
Provide a better quality of life by improving the world in which we work and live and creating a sense of community for our staff.
Our Core Values:
Client Commitment | Quality Solutions | Empowered Employees
- This position will require significant planning expertise and analytic support for clients including local governments and state and federal agencies.
- Perform and manage planning projects, studies, research, and analysis for projects ranging from comprehensive planning, downtown redevelopment, park and recreation planning, hazard mitigation planning and code/regulation updates.
- Provide clients with planning advice and interpretation on matters related to community development and land use policy.
- Prepare and present plans and reports related to community development and land use policy to the public, local governments and state and federal agencies.
- Monitor and assist clients with compliance with state and federal laws as well as local land use regulations.
- Presentation of planning project details to the public, local or state agency staff, planning and zoning boards, citizen groups, and governing bodies in public meetings, open houses and other venues.
- Organize and facilitate community outreach processes using innovative and effective public engagement techniques, and approaches.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university with major coursework in rural or urban planning, geography, spatial analysis or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in community development and land use planning and project management
- 3+ years of experience interpreting and administrating state land use law and local land use regulations/codes.
- Clear understanding and/or experiencing using GIS to undertaking planning projects (e.g., land use, recreation, hazard identification, site selection)
- Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe products.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Traditional & Roth 401k plans
- Paid Health Insurance for Employee (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Life insurance
- Short & long-term disability insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Family oriented environment
Primary Location(s): Helena, MT
Other Location(s): Great Falls MT, Billings MT, Boise ID
Please send your cover letter and resume to the address below:
Great West Engineering, Inc.
2501 Belt View
Helena, MT 59601
e-mail: [email protected]