Natural Resources Engineering Designer/Technician (SP22.11-16)
Great West Engineering, Inc. has an exciting opportunity in our Natural Resource department for an Engineering Designer/Technician (0-5 years’ experience) who is looking for a new a challenge. Join our team today and make an impact in the communities in which we live, work, and play.
See Life at Great West Engineering
For more than 35 years, Great West Engineering has been creating infrastructure solutions for public agencies and private industry. Great West Engineering continually seeks out the best talent because we believe our employees are the key to our success as an organization. Our employees are treated with respect and fairness. We work as a cooperative team on every project, and each employee’s input is not only solicited, but valued! Great West is committed to developing the capabilities of our employees through training and professional development. Great West Engineering aims to build a long-lasting legacy of quality relationships with both our clients and our employees, which is the key to developing superior engineering projects.
Provide a better quality of life by improving the world in which we work and live and creating a sense of community for our staff.
Our Core Values:
Client Commitment | Quality Solutions | Empowered Employees
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Draft and assemble construction drawings with a focus on water resource projects utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Conform to appropriate Company CAD standards.
- Perform topographical surveys utilizing GPS and drone technology.
- Process survey data and draft topographic mapping from survey points following standard protocols.
- Assist or perform miscellaneous field data collection.
- Provide construction staking on projects as requested by contractors.
- Provide periodic construction observation.
- Associates degree in computer aided drafting or engineering related program (preferred).
- 2+ years of experience in civil engineering field (preferred).
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Experience with ArcGIS and other software (preferred).
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Simple decision-making skills and the ability to collaborate with engineers to solve complex problems.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Time for Billable Overtime Hours
- Bonus Opportunities
- Traditional & Roth 401k plans with Immediate Company Match
- Paid Health Insurance for Employee (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Short & Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick & Vacation Time
- Family-Oriented Environment
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- First-time Home Buyers Program
Primary Location(s): Helena, MT
Other Location(s): Great Falls or Billings, MT
Please send your cover letter and resume to the address below:
Great West Engineering, Inc.
2501 Belt View
Helena, MT 59601
e-mail: [email protected]