Municipal Engineer (SP22-13)
Great West Engineering, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Municipal Engineer who is a seller-doer and looking for a new challenge. Join our team today and make an impact in the communities in which we live, work, and play.
See Life at Great West Engineering
For more than 35 years, Great West Engineering has been creating infrastructure solutions for public agencies and private industry. Great West Engineering continually seeks out the best talent because we believe our employees are the key to our success as an organization. Our employees are treated with respect and fairness. We work as a cooperative team on every project, and each employee’s input is not only solicited, but valued! Great West is committed to developing the capabilities of our employees through training and professional development. Great West Engineering aims to build a long-lasting legacy of quality relationships with both our clients and our employees, which is the key to developing superior engineering projects.
Provide a better quality of life by improving the world in which we work and live and creating a sense of community for our staff.
Our Core Values:
Client Commitment | Quality Solutions | Empowered Employees
- Build a Municipal Group by leading business development initiatives (proposal development, interviews, presentations, etc.), project delivery, and growing our client base while coordinating efforts with other members of the firm’s Municipal Group and Senior Management Team.
- Ideal candidate will be recognized as a leader in the design of water treatment and distribution systems and wastewater treatment and collection systems.
- Candidate must have a proven track record of marketing, building strong relationships, securing work with potential clients, and providing exceptional project delivery to existing clients.
- Grow a team to complete workload and mentor staff from a client care, business development, and technical perspective.
- Independently performs moderately complex engineering computations involving conventional engineering practices.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Write technical specifications, reports, and other correspondence to various audiences.
- Coordinate with government agencies, client staff, and other professionals to obtain design information and approvals.
- Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks.
- Learn and apply company standards and best practices.
- Candidate should be known in industry-affiliated professional organizations and groups and have a solid track record of managing internal technical teams and projects to profitability.
- Overseeing and managing tasks/projects and clients’ expectations to scope, time, and budget goals for the planning, design and construction of municipal projects, as well as creating construction documents, specifications, and handling construction oversight/administration.
- Qualified candidates will have a BS/BA in Engineering or related degree and a minimum of 10+ years of experience. Additionally, a Professional Engineering (PE) license in Idaho or Washington, or the ability to obtain within six months.
- P.E. license in Idaho and/or Washington or the ability to obtain within six months of employment.
- This position will direct and grow our engineering firm’s Idaho and/or Washington municipal water and wastewater efforts.
- Top candidates will have 10+ years of experience working with communities to solve their water and wastewater challenges.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals.
- Excellent work ethic and a comprehensive understanding of engineering principles.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Time for Billable Overtime Hours
- Bonus Opportunities
- Traditional & Roth 401k plans with Immediate Company Match
- Paid Health Insurance for Employee (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Short & Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick & Vacation Time
- Family-Oriented Environment
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- First-time Home Buyers Program
Primary Location(s): Boise, ID
Other Location(s): Coeur d’Alene, ID or Spokane, WA
Please send your cover letter and resume to the address below:
Great West Engineering, Inc.
2501 Belt View
Helena, MT 59601
e-mail: [email protected]