Grant Administrator and Compliance Specialist (NSR23.4-07)
Great West Engineering, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Grant Administration and Compliance Specialist who is ready for a new challenge. Join our team today and make an impact in the communities in which we live, work, and play.
Life at Great West Engineering
For more than 35 years, Great West Engineering has been creating infrastructure solutions for public agencies and private industry. Great West Engineering continually seeks out the best talent because we believe our employees are the key to our success as an organization. Our employees are treated with respect and fairness. We work as a cooperative team on every project, and each employee’s input is not only solicited, but valued! Great West is committed to developing the capabilities of our employees through training and professional development. Great West Engineering aims to build a long-lasting legacy of quality relationships with both our clients and our employees, which is the key to developing superior engineering projects.
Provide a better quality of life by improving the world in which we work and live and creating a sense of community for our staff.
Our Core Values:
Client Commitment | Quality Solutions | Empowered Employees
90% of the position is grant administration and compliance and client relationship building which includes the following:
- Conducts grant administration to ensure our client’s compliance with state and federal funding agency requirements.
- Prepares project reimbursement requests and ensures accuracy of project budgets.
- Manages project budgets.
- Ensures timely information is sent to funding agencies so reimbursement requests are paid out quickly.
- Works with project managers to build realistic project budgets that meet all funding agency requirements.
- The position requires excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- The position will involve daily communication with clients and state and federal infrastructure funding programs.
- Works closely with counties, cities, and special districts to ensure project funding is utilized according to funding agency terms and guidelines.
- Provides labor compliance on all grant funded construction projects.
- Oversees project start-up, quarterly reports, and project close-out with funding agencies.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and tasks and have excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Keeps accurate and comprehensive files. Provide client support during funding agency monitoring visits.
10% of the position is assisting with grant writing which includes the following:
- Will assist grant writers with editing, building budgets, and budget narratives for grant applications.
- Will assist grant writers in gathering information required for grant applications per direction of the project manager and funding manager.
- Will assist grant writers with compiling grant applications and submitting applications on or before grant application deadlines
- Top candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Bookkeeping, Finance, or the equivalent gained through relevant experience and/or training.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Time for Billable Overtime Hours
- Bonus Opportunities
- Traditional & Roth 401k plans with Immediate Company Match
- Paid Health Insurance for Employee (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Short & Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick & Vacation Time
- Family-Oriented Environment
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- First-Time Home Buyers Program
Potential Location(s): Billings, Great Falls, or Helena, MT; Spokane, WA; or Boise, ID
Please send your cover letter and resume to the address below:
Great West Engineering, Inc.
2501 Belt View
Helena, MT 59601
e-mail: [email protected]