Great West Engineering, Inc. is seeking a Structural Engineer with a minimum of six years of experience to join either our Billings, Helena, or Great Falls Montana office; Boise, Idaho office; or Spokane, Washington office. Great West is a growing consulting firm specializing in environmental, municipal, transportation, natural resources, and solid waste engineering. This is a great opportunity to support an established team of talented engineers, scientists, and other technical professionals. Great West provides opportunities to work on interesting and challenging projects. We promote training and professional development and encourage involvement in professional organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform Structural engineering related calculations, analysis, and design tasks.
- Independently complete highly complex engineering projects.
- Independently write technical specifications, reports, and other correspondence to a variety of audiences.
- Lead the design efforts in the role of engineer-of-record on a variety of project types.
- Perform independent checking and senior review of the design work of other team members.
- Efficiently work with drafters to assemble complete and accurate engineering plans.
- Work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Provide design oversight.
- Expertly employ a variety of design codes related to the industry.
- Coordinate with government agencies, client staff, and other professionals to obtain design information and approvals.
- Work with one or more industry groups to advance the field of structural engineering.
- Demonstrate Structural engineering expertise by presenting projects or writing papers for industry associations as directed.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to meet project budgets and schedules.
- Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks.
- Learn and apply company standards and best practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (civil, structural) from an accredited university and six years’ progressive experience or a Master’s degree in structural engineering preferred but not required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PE Required, SE Preferred: This position is for a licensed engineer to practice structural engineering in the state of Montana or should be licensed in a different state with the ability to get the required license within six months of hire.
Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Traditional & Roth 401k plans
- Paid Health Insurance for Employee (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Life insurance
- Short & long-term disability insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Relocation Assistance (if required)
- Family oriented environment
For more than 30 years, Great West Engineering has been creating infrastructure solutions for public agencies and private industry. We strive to be an engineering company of choice to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service and collaboration. Great West offers competitive salaries, bonus time for billable overtime hours, and an excellent benefits package that includes insurance and a 401(k) program with company match.
Please send cover letter and resume to the address below.
Great West Engineering, Inc.
P.O. Box 4817
Helena, MT 59604
fax (406) 449-8631
e-mail: [email protected]